Whether you’re a doctor, hairdresser, or owner of a profitable pet parlour, good financial management is key to any company meeting its business objectives. The ability to manage funds efficiently comes from selecting an appropriate strategy, sticking to a budget, conducting a break even analysis and keeping up with cash flow and understanding income statements. Master these skills and more in the 10 week Finance for the Non-Financial Mangers online short course.
Course lecturer: A member of the SA Institute of Professional Accountants, Wits Plus lecturer John Borthwick has a wealth of experience as a financial consultant for multiple international industry goliaths, including Volvo.
- Apply key financial terms to the successful management of a business operation
- Analyse income statements, balance sheets and cashflow statements
- Set a budget for a business operation
- Conduct a financial analysis
Format: Online short course
Course Starts: 5 February 2018
Length: 10 weeks
Breakdown: 8 weeks consecutive online lectures, one exam in week 10
Hours per week: 5 to 7
Price: R12 500 including VAT
- Module 1: A Business Operation.
- Module 2: Key Financial Terms.
- Module 3: Income Statement.
- Module 4: Balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Module 5: Setting the Budget of a Business Operation.
- Module 6: Using the Budget to Control Income and the Balance Sheet.
- Module 7: Break Even Analysis.
- Module 8: Financial Year End Statements.
Tel: +27 87 023 0888
Cell: +27 79 267 8355