Format: Wits accredited online short course
Certification: Wits University certificate of competence
Duration: 11 weeks
Breakdown: 9 weeks consecutive online lectures, one exam in week 11 (TBC)
Hours per week: 5 - 7
Click here to view more about our payment options
Price*: R 17 425.38
* price includes VAT
- Describe what entrepreneurship is.
- Discuss the entrepreneurial process.
- Identify and exploit entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Engage in innovative and creative behaviour.
- Identify and harnass human potential to develop and grow the new venture.
- Build and sustain networks to achieve entrepreneurial success.
- Engage in business planning.
- Identifiy sources of and manage entrepreneurial finance.
- Develop the entrepreneurial team.
- Engage in effective marketing of the new venture.
- Describe aspects of managing the growing venture.
- Module 1: Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Module 2: The entrepreneurial process
- Module 3: Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Module 4: Innovation and creativity
- Module 5: Entrepreneurial human capital
- Module 6: Entrepreneurial social capital
- Module 7: The environment for the entrepreneur
- Module 8: Developing the business plan
- Module 10: Building the entrepreneurial team
- Module 11: Developing a marketing strategy
- Module 12: Launching the business
To thrive in today’s volatile business environment requires organisations to systematically challenge assumptions, identify hidden opportunities and generate alternative approaches faster than the competition.
Indeed, organisations increasingly need to operate with the agility typical of entrepreneurs. But how can businesses sustain an entrepreneurial spirit while operating at scale?
The aim of the course is to provide both a practical and theoretical insight into entrepreneurship in South Africa, and the associated processes involved in identifying an opportunity and launching and new venture.
Dr Rob Venter
Dr Rob Venter: PhD in Entrepreneurship; Senior lecturer - School of Business Sciences and session lecturer - Wits Business School.
Dr McEdward Murimbika
Dr McEdward Murimbika: PhD in Entrepreneurship; Senior lecturer - Wits Business School.
Mrs Cordelia Volker
Mrs Cordelia Volker: M.Com (Entrepreneurship); Lecturer - School of Business Sciences.
Mr Sikhumbuzo Maisela
Mr Sikhumbuzo Maisela: Master of Management in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation and PhD candidate in Entrepreneurship; Lecturer - School of Business Sciences.
- 14 February 2022
- 11 April 2022
- 11 July 2022