Governance and Ethics
Format: Wits accredited online short course
Certification: Wits University certificate of competence
Duration: 8 weeks
Breakdown: 6 weeks consecutive online lectures, one exam in week 8
Hours per week: 5 to 7
Click here to view more about our payment options
Price*: R 11 143.50
* price includes VAT
- Enable individuals in organisations to contribute effectively to corporate governance, within their sphere of influence, in contemporary society.
- To enable individuals to contribute to building an ethical culture in an organisation.
- To enable individuals to manage organisational matters affecting governance in the evolving context of business.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Business in Society
- Module 2: Ethics
- Module 3: Risk
- Module 4: Governance in Practice
- Module 5: Business Tools for Governance
- Module 6: Strategic Governance Applied – Fitting Your Organisation for the Future
Julie Courtnage is the lecturer and writer of this course. Following twenty years in operational and corporate roles, she has been an independent consultant, lecturer and facilitator for the past ten years. Her focus is on sustainable wellbeing at individual, corporate and societal levels. Applying technical understanding and personal development skills, she works with values-based complex decision-making (including ethics) for sustainable outcomes; business process, strategy and scenario facilitation; complex problem-solving; drivers and implementation of sustainable wellbeing; and the role of leadership and communication in achieving this.
- 4 November 2019
- 10 February 2020
- 20 April 2020