Integrated Thinking and Value Creation (Certificate of Competence)
Format: Wits accredited online short course
Certification: Certificate of Competence from the University of Witwatersrand
Duration: 10 weeks
Target Audience: Limited to Registered CA SA (SAICA) members only at present
Click here to view more about our payment options
Price*: R 23 000.00
* price includes VAT
- Understand the concepts of integrated thinking and value creation, the importance of integrated thinking in contemporary business environments and the different ways in which value is defined;
- Explain the impact of integrated thinking on an organisation's business model and the need for a multi-capital mindset to develop innovative business models capable of sustainable value creation;
- Understand and evaluate the use of different tools for and approaches to measuring and monitoring value creation;
- Understand the role of ethics, culture, outcomes-based governance and leadership as enablers of integrated thinking and value creation and the emerging role of the Chief Value Officer; and
- Explain the consequences of integrated thinking, barriers to integrated thinking and how to overcome these barriers.
- Module 1: Integrated Thinking and Value Creation
- Module 2: Integrated Thinking and the Business Model
- Module 3: Measuring, Monitoring and Communicating Value Creation
- Module 4: Collaborative Culture as a Building Block for Integrated Thinking
- Module 5: Implications of Integrated Thinking
This course examines integrated thinking and value creation in a practical context with a focus on how the CVO, either in a dedicated role or in some other executive capacity, could be expected to oversee the management of multiple types of capital. On completion of the first course, participants will therefore have a detailed understating of the importance of integrated thinking for contemporary business. They will be able to function as CVOs at their respective organisations with an aim to bolstering economic, environmental and social performance.
This online course follows a traditional business school approach. It is designed to provide participants with a conceptual and theoretical appreciation of integrated thinking and value creation in the context of integrated reporting and the role of the CVO. Participants will be exposed to a mix of technical and professional publications, complemented by relevant academic readings and presentations by the academic staff, practitioners and other experts.
Some of the leading minds in integrated thinking and value creation will provide input to, and lecture on the course including those from the Wits School of Accountancy and topic experts from the profession and business. These include:
- 14 February 2022
- 30 May 2022