Logistics and Supply Chain Management Practice
Format: Wits accredited online short course
Certification: Wits University certificate of competence
Duration: 10 weeks
Breakdown: 8 weeks consecutive online lectures, one exam in week 10
Hours per week: 5 to 7
Click here to view more about our payment options
Price*: R 14 436.00
* price includes VAT
- Ability to create a value chain that has a positive impact for an organisation
- Ability to improve how a business functions in multiple areas including importing and exporting transportation, warehousing, order processing and procurement
- Ability to evaluate an organisation's existing supply chain management and logistics assets
- Ability to apply effective management and financial management principles to a logistics and supply chain environment
- Ability to apply systems and lean thinking principles tools and techniques to identify and manage the seven wastes
- Module 1: An Introduction to the supply chain environment
- Module 2: Strategic alignment between the organisation and its logistics and supply chain
- Module 3: The Value Chain.
- Module 4: Tools and Techniques for Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Module 5: Lean Thinking.
- Module 6: Optimising the Value Chain.
- Module 7: Managing Logistics and the Supply Chain.
- Module 8: Financial Management of Logistics and the Supply Chain.
Wits Plus lecturer Dr Dennis Laxton presents the course.
- 4 November 2019
- 10 February 2020
- 20 April 2020